Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
200 West Dominick Street
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This PEF staff person will function as a Treatment Coordinator in the Article 16 Clinic. In this position, the Coordinator will be responsible for management of all clinic services delivered to individuals residing in the eastern portion of the CNY DDSO. Caseloads may include, but not be limited to, individuals residing in SOIRAs, SOFC Homes, VOIRAs, and living in their own homes or with family. The Coordinator will be the contact point and liaison at the clinic for referral sources, which include Service Coordinators, parents, clinicians, physicians and other service providers. Some travel within the 8 county catchment area of CNY DDSO may be required. Mileage is compensated per Office of State Comptroller rules and regulations
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain clinic records to ensure documentation and authorizations for services are up-to-date.
• Conduct semi-annual and annual reviews for all assigned individuals per Article 16 Clinic regulations.
• Monitor service provision/Medicaid irregularities and report information to Article 16 Clinic Administrator.
• Conduct intakes for referrals to the Article 16 Clinic for evaluations and/or therapies. Obtain all necessary documentation for services per Article 16 Clinic Standards.
• Maintain ongoing contact with approved service providers and/or referral sources to communicate necessary information regarding any treatment or services for the individual.
• Ensure approved service providers complete appropriate treatment plans and maintain updated semi-annual treatment notes per Article 16 Clinic guidelines.
• Ensure data bases accurately reflect individuals receiving clinic services and the services they receive
• Periodic record reviews for the purpose of Quality Assurance for the Article 16 Clinic.
• Ensure forms such as Individual Rights and Satisfaction Surveys and any other required forms are sent out and processed upon return.
• Assist psychiatry/medical staff with such tasks as pre-authorizations for medications; responding to inquiries from pharmacies, family members, staff, etc; preparing and managing Article 16 documentation for the clinicians, etc.
• Other duties that may be assigned as necessary.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Nurse 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Megan Sullivan, at (607) 729-1295 x127.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 04/23/2018 and include EOA # 18-79 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.