Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description The incumbent will provide 24-hour nursing care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The duties will include but not limited to:
• Performing specialized nursing care such as feedings, medication administration, and dressing.
• Responsible for daily observation, and reporting changes in the clients’ status to the RN, Physician, and document accurately all incidents and occurrences in a timely manner.
• Preparing quarterly nursing reviews and attend ISP meetings.
• Attending to personal care, self-care and other needs of those individuals who require assistance, while always encouraging choice and independence daily to the most considerable extent as possible.
• Will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, and maintain individuals’ rights based on policy and procedure.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.