Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee and one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as a Professional Engineer 2 (Civil/Structural), AND possession of a NYS Professional Engineer’s license with current registration.
On or before May 12, 2018, you must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
• Either A. Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Structural);
• Or B. Professional Engineer 1 (Civil), Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Construction), Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Geotechnical), or Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation).
NOTE: If you were permanently appointed to a qualifying title on or before February 12, 2018, and have served continuously in this title since that date, you fulfill this requirement.
You must possess a New York State Professional Engineer’s license with current registration.
Eligible provisional candidates must also be signed up to take examination 38-091 scheduled for May 12, 2018.
Duties Description Duties include but may not be limited to:
• Direct and supervise structural engineers in the preparation of structural steel or reinforced concrete designs, specifications and estimates for new construction and/or repair and rehabilitation of State facilities.
• Supervise the approval of design changes recommended by inspectors, assign design projects and review completed work.
• Assign and review consultant structural work.
• May be required to prepare reports concerned with structural safety, adequacy and stability.
• Supervision of subordinate staff, including consultants.
Additional Comments Please submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.