Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must currently be a permanent Nurse 2;
Must currently be a permanent Nurse 1 with one year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 2.
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in the state of New York AND have one full year of full-time post licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description The per-diem Nurse 2 will provide coverage where nursing needs are high and staffing ratios are low. The Nurse 2 duties may include, but are not limited to: injections, enteral feedings, wound care, insertion of catheters, ostomy care, and nursing assessments. Provides nursing care oversight, charts health status, transcribes physician’s orders accurately, and ensures appropriate medication orders and follow up appointments are communicated within the work location. This position will be provided a mentor for training.
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own care will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by April 24, 2018 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingSHIFT: Monday - Sunday
PASS DAYS: Up to 40 hours per week
OTHER: If you are a Nurse 1 with one year post-licensure clinical nursing experience, you must submit a NYS-APP when applying for the position.
All clearances and trainings as required.
Per-Diem Nurse 2’s will function as relief staff to provide nursing coverage in a chosen county. The Nurse 2’s role is essential to the health and safety as it pertains to the medical/nursing needs of our individuals residing in the community. With an aging population, their medical needs have and will continue to increase. A per diem Nurse 2 will supplement care where additional Nurse 2 coverage is required.