Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Rep 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Fire Protection Specialist 1 and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
*NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Employees reachable on the Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Duties Description • Assist in assessing the training needs of state and local agencies and other organizations that support the State’s emergency management efforts.
• Conduct and/or facilitate the delivery of emergency management related training, both locally and regionally across the State.
• Participate in the development and coordination of a Statewide comprehensive training and exercise plan.
• Assist with planning, designing and evaluating curriculum for training programs.
• Assist in the preparation of training reports.
• Support emergency operation during times of emergency and disaster from the State Emergency Operations Center, State field offices, and/or county/local deployments.
• Provide technical planning assistance to State and local government agencies in the development of disaster preparedness and emergency response plans.
• Coordinate and collaborate with public and private sector stakeholders and other organizations that can support the State’s disaster planning and preparedness efforts.
• Provide assistance in conducting hazard analysis workshops, risk assessments and using applicable data to support emergency development.
• Review and comment on emergency plans, as appropriate.
• Attend and/or facilitate planning meetings, conference calls and provide support in the delivery of exercises to test the effectiveness of emergency plans.
• Complete administrative paperwork as related to program issues.
• Obtaining program-specific and NIMS training to enhance existing skills.
• May also supervise and provide training for the Disaster Preparedness Program Representatives 1.
• Provide technical assistance to State and local government agencies in the development, deployment, and maintenance of All Hazards Incident Management Teams (AHIMTs).
• Attend and/or facilitate meetings, conference calls and provide support in the development, deployment and maintenance of AHIMTs.
• Support the coordination and delivery of All Hazards ICS Position Specific Training and AHIMT training, workshops, and conferences.
• Prepare overall program expenditure data, estimate projected expenses for budgetary purposes and drafts other required financial reports as required by grant guidance or agency policy.
• Maintain the proper inventory level of IMT equipment and supplies.
• Participate in on-site assistance program and evaluation of regional/local AHIMTs to determine operational readiness.
• Act as liaison between the State IMT and Regional and/or County AHIMTs, other State agencies, and local officials for various planning and operational activities.
• Identify and establish administrative priorities within assigned programs.
• Analyze written and published program material on NIMS, ICS, and AHIMTs, and draw conclusions concerning its impact.
• Responsible for all aspects of the NYS Emergency Operations Center (EOC) including the following: having the EOC ready to activate at any time (updating materials and programs), working in and assisting with the operation of the EOC during an activation, and making sure all is in place after an activation is complete.
• Maintain and update coursework related to EOC positions. Also maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures related to the State EOC.
Additional Comments * Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.