Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2511 Westchester Ave
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor
• Must be able to understand and carry out written or oral
• Capable of working independently or as part of a work team.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Cleaners perform a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium and heavy physical effort in cleaning and caring for an assigned area in public buildings and adjacent grounds and sidewalks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions,
windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops,
brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning
• Collects, transports, and disposes of medical waste or spoiled
linens in accordance with cleaning procedures.
• Cleans blood spills and bodily fluids, including urine, vomit, and
• Strips and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets; and
dusts assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment.
• Cleans and scrubs all areas of lavatories and locker rooms, such
as sinks, urinals, toilets, showers, shower walls and drains, tile
floors, and locker room common areas.
• Replaces light bulbs, dusts or washes light fixtures and high
places such as ceilings using ladders and scaffolds.
• Cleans and polishes furniture, metal fixtures, and equipment.
• Removes hazardous articles on floors, furniture, and equipment
and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate
• Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning
activities, or sets up for meetings or special events.
• Changes curtains and drapes, and hangs pictures and other
• Empties trash, recyclables, and waste, in accordance with
• Assembles cleaning cart to conform to assigned cleaning duties,
and mixes and properly dilutes cleaning solutions in accordance
with manufacturer directions.
• Wears appropriate protective clothing, and other specialized
protective equipment as required by the cleaning assignments.
• Checks supplies and equipment functioning, and notifies
supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction, and
building maintenance issues noted during cleaning.
• May be assigned to remove snow and salt walkways; clean
sidewalks, yards, and drives; and mows lawns with manual or
• May be assigned to laboratories, clean rooms, operating rooms,
or hospital, school, or custodial care settings that require a high
degree of cleanliness and disinfectant processes that must be
followed to minimize the spread of infection.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office