Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
4536 Cedarvale Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer in title: Currently a non-probationary DA 1 --Salary Grade 12.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer Qualifications: One year permanent service as: Direct Support Assistant Or Direct Support Assist/IRM, Both SG-9; Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-10; Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-11; Or Non- Probationary DA 1/IRM, SG-12.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Developmental Assistant Trainee may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The DA 1 position will be utilized as a hands-on working supervisor who is counted as part of the daily direct care staffing minimum.
• This person will assist with planning and scheduling community inclusion activities, and ensures that all consumers have an opportunity to participate.
• Assures that behavior and residential habilitation plans are enacted as written.
• Perform house maintenance inspections and schedule needed repairs.
• Completes other duties as delegated by the DA 2 & DA 3.
• This person will also have supervisory duties related to the afternoon and midnight shift.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1 form, and/or cover letter and resume by 04/22/2018 to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Eliza Burdick, DA3 at (315) 473-2927.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.