Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Nurse 2’s provide professional nursing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.. This position is unique in that the assignment supports Article 16 clinics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• OVERSEE PSYCHIATRIC CLINICS- AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS; MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL
• PREPPING AND CLEAN-UP FOR CLINICS, INCLUDING COLLECTING AND REVIEWING CONSULTS, PRODUCING PAPERWORK RELEVANT TO BILLING AND PROGRAM PLANS, MAINTAINING PSYCHIATRY CHARTS FOR SITE-BASED AND OULTLYING CLINICS.
• ADDRESSING INDIVIDUAL NEEDS BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS AND RELAYING THE INFORMATION TO PROVIDER WHEN NEXT AVAILABLE.
• SERVING AS RESOURCE FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING PROVIDER RECOMMENDATIONS, MEDICATION, ETC.
• PRESCRIPTION MANAGEMENT VIA PHONE AND ELECTRONIC-PRESRIPTION SYSTEM, AS AUTHORIZED BY THE PROVIDERS.
• MAINTAINING A LIST OF EXTRA DUTIES FOR THE PROVIDERS TO ADDRESS ON CLINIC DAYS (PRESCRIPTION NEEDS, PROBLEMS BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS, ETC.)
• COMPLETING PRIOR AUTHORIZATIONS FOR MEDS BY PHONE, OR COLLECTION OF FORMS FOR THE PROVIDER TO COMPLETE IF WRITTEN SUBMISSION IS REQUIRED; INTERACTING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES TO PROBLEM-SOLVE/RESOLVE MEDICATION PAYMENT ISSUES.
• SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS FOR INITIAL AND FOLLOW-UP VISITS AND MAINTAINING MONTHLY CALENDARS FOR CLINICS.
• INTERACTING WITH PARENTS/CARE PROVIDERS/STAFF/VOLUNTARY STAFF REGARDING INDIVIDUALS ISSUES/NEEDS.
• INTERACTING WITH CRISIS UNITS/INPATIENT FACILITIES REGARDING INDIVIDUALS’ NEEDS/DISCHARGE PLANNING.
• INTERACTING WITH OUTSIDE AGENCIES (SUCH AS DSS, MHC, AND POLICE) REGARDING INDIVIDUALS’ ISSUES.
• CONTACTING PROVIDERS BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS WHEN NECESSARY.
• KEEPING CHART INFORMATION UP-TO-DATE (CHANGES IN PCP HOMES, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, MSC, ETC.)
• SUBMITTING PROVIDER BILLING TO BUSINESS OFFICE AT END OF MONTH
• PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.