Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications A combined five (5) years related experience in desktop support, PC hardware configuration, PC imaging, and the installation of applications used by NYS ITS.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and seven years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and six years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and five years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager Information Technology Services 2 this Project Coordinator will serve as the liaison with the Endpoint Refresh project. The Endpoint Refresh project is an initiative to update, and modernize New York State’s Endpoint technology, such as laptops, desktops, thin and/or zero clients and windows tablets. The Endpoint Refresh project will allow ITS to better conform to industry standards and provide the highest level of customer service to all New York State client agencies. The Endpoint Refresh Project Liaison will be directly involved in the direction and coordination of this effort by serving as the point person between ITS’ endpoint procurement operation and the on-the-ground endpoint refresh operations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop pilot deployment plans in preparation for agency wide endpoint refresh.
• Coordinate installation, and quality assurance of endpoint devices to ensure completion of Endpoint Refresh in a timely manner.
• Lead teams in charge of the setup and installation of new endpoint devices.
• Ensure new endpoint devices are appropriate and configured properly to meet the needs of the client agencies served by ITS.
• Oversee the imaging of current agency systems and migration to the new devices to ensure the integrity of data is not lost in the refresh.
• Liaise with agency leadership and executives to create and refine timelines for completion of the refresh project.
• Make recommendations to ITS leadership regarding any perceived shortfalls in project completion.
• Report any issues with endpoint devices to the appropriate L2 and L3 support groups.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062