Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
5 Parker Ave
Duties Description Park and Recreation aide titles within Walkway over the Hudson State Historic Park (WOTH) will handle a variety of tasks that could change on a daily basis depending on weather, activity or event schedules. Duties may include, but may not be limited to, performing routine maintenance and cleaning park facilities, restrooms, bridge surface and approaches, lawn maintenance, leaf removal, planting and landscaping, snow and ice removal, elevator operator/attendant, patron questions, and assist with special events and other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Operational needs-
• Selected candidate must possess and maintain a New York State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License by date of appointment as a term and condition of employment
• Must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor in a wide range of weather conditions
• Not be afraid of heights
• Establish a strong working relationship with WOTH management, other staff and patrons
• Be able to multitask as well as take initiative and be a self-starter
• Be able to work alone or within a group setting
• Be able to remain calm under pressure and to make sound decisions in adverse conditions
• Be able to take direction but also be willing to ask for clarification on tasks assigned
• Flexible scheduling
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply: You can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, the Taconic Region’s administrative office, or download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at https://parks.ny.gov/employment/documents/ParksEmployeeApplicationS1000Part1.pdf (save application with your name to your computer).