Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six or more years of experience in project management and technical support.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Criminal Justice may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and five years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and four years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and three years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
• High-level of attention to detail, accuracy, and critical thinking.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager IT Services 1, SG-27, the incumbent will be responsible for actively leading and supporting ongoing mission-critical Data Center Consolidation Project initiatives, including support and troubleshooting for network hardware, software and connectivity. This position is in the ITS Data Center Networks (DCN) group which provides network services for the consolidated New York State Data Centers and is responsible for ensuring the proper flow of traffic between critical applications and locations for both voice and data networks. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide project and technical support for the migration of Agency Data Centers to the State Data Centers at CNSE and Utica.
• Responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting changes to the network including cable infrastructure, network software and hardware.
• Implement, configure and troubleshoot issues on Arista, Cisco, F5 Networks, Lenovo, and Juniper network equipment.
• Develop and maintain detailed technical documentation of active infrastructure, including Visio diagrams, operations procedures, training manuals, network templates.
• Coordinate with User Support and System Administrators to provide Level III support for technical solutions.
• Handle the tasks of providing network engineering input on major projects, upgrades, installations.
• Engineer, install and maintain the network environments for the new ZEN data center and existing data centers.
• Provide off-hours support for the network environments within the consolidated data centers.
• Complete firewall and load balance changes as requested in ITSM 2.0.
• Train new staff in the use of the Cisco ASA; Cisco Nexus; F5 Networks; and Arista equipment.
• Monitor and provide technical expertise for the network environments being migrated into the consolidated data centers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #18556 and describing how you qualify by April 22, 2018. Mail to:
NYS Office of IT Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov
Note: Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.