Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Seven or more years of experience in project management and technical support.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Criminal Justice may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and six years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science or related field and four years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• High-level of attention to detail, accuracy, and critical thinking.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager IT Services 2, SG-29, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting ongoing mission-critical Data Center Consolidation Project initiatives, including those related to the Public Safety Cluster migrations. This position is in the ITS Data Center Networks (DCN) group which provides network services for the consolidated New York State Data Centers and is responsible for ensuring the proper flow of traffic between critical applications and locations for both voice and data networks. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• As an expert Level III Network Engineer, lead in the orchestration of multi-discipline technologies for the resolution of complex problems; communicate with technology and business leaders for problem resolution and make recommendations for system enhancements as required.
• Manage DCN projects overall.
• Provide 24x7x365 on-call network support for trouble-shooting, escalation and ticket resolutions.
• Implement, configure and troubleshoot issues on Arista, Cisco, F5 Networks, Lenovo, and Juniper network equipment.
• Develop and implement network infrastructure solutions based on Cisco L2/L3 switches, Cisco QOS 802.1p.
• Support of Local and Wide Area Network(LAN/WAN) environments requiring extensive experience in the use of advanced routing protocols including OSPF, IBGP, EBGP.
• Knowledge of connectivity requirements for a WebSphere environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #18557 & #18558 and describing how you qualify by April 22, 2018. Mail to:
NYS Office of IT Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov
Note: Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.