Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidate must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or currently in title eligible for transfer.
In addition, candidate:
• Must have a driver’s license valid in New York State. A conditional license is not acceptable.
• Ability to work effectively within the treatment team.
• Ability to act independently
• Ability to meet and maintain criminal background and physical standards.
• Ability to accurately observe and document conditions relating to welfare and security.
Due to peace officer status of incumbents, re-fingerprinting, including payment of all applicable fees is required even for an existing employee who may already have “search and retain” status with the Division of Criminal Justice Services.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but not limited to:
• Supervise all Safety & Security Officer 1 and II’s assigned to Central Office and as required throughout OPWDD to assist regional Chief Safety and Security Officers that may be on leave or to temporarily backfill vacancies ensuring that safety/security services continue to be effectively and efficiently provided.
• May compile narrative and statistical reports of Safety & Security Officers’ activities and significant incidents handled by them ensuring notification to appropriate leadership of the workload and significant concerns encountered.
• Assists in the development and promulgation of Safety & Security policy and procedure and insures their consistency with regard to enforcement.
• Assists Coordinator of Safety & Security with completion of internal reviews of Safety & Security operations statewide.
• Participate in required assessments of all OPWDD designated secure facilities.
• Assists Coordinator of Safety & Security with development and provision of Safety Officer training to include the Safety Officer Training Academy (SOTA) and annual refresher training.
• Assists Disaster Preparedness Representatives with development of COOP and other Emergency preparedness activities.
• Other duties as assigned by Agency Director of Safety and Health.
• Statewide overnight travel is required at an approximate rate of 50%.
• Participation in a stand-by on call rotation may be required.
• May possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
• Ability to act independently.
• Ability to accurately observe and document conditions relating to welfare and safety.
Additional Comments Please Note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue