Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 1, G-14, Civil Service eligible list OR must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1, 70.4 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, an individual must have one year of permanent competitive service as an Information Processing Trainer or Information Technology Assistant.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law, an individual must have a current standing on the Civil Service Information Technology Specialist 1 eligible list database and have at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title that is allocated to a salary grade 12 or above.
Duties Description • Respond to requests for service or reported incidents of computer related issues.
• Evaluate and diagnoses problems.
• Install hardware and software on PC’s and laptops as required.
• Support remote access situations to resolve virtual private network issues.
• Route incident to appropriate technical group for resolution when first call resolution is not possible.
• Collect information on new software/hardware to be supported
• Prepare documentation to be used during service desk calls.
• Implement documentation within service desk software.
Additional Comments • Demonstrated coursework with Operating Systems (2 to 4 credit hours).
• Demonstrated experience with Help Desk (1 to less than 3 years).
• Demonstrated experience with Technical Writing (1 to less than 3 years).
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Demonstrated experience with Domino/Office Server/Lotus Notes Email.
• Demonstrated experience with Mac and Windows OS.
• Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow incident tracking.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than April 27, 2018. Please reference Item # – 559 GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. (The GOER ID # should not be included).