Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications For Permanent appointment candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer 70.1 (Fire Protection Specialist 1).
For Provisional appointment candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 1 or six years of military or civilian experience in emergency management to include two or more of the following activities: operations, recovery, or response planning.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), Office of Property Supports & Emergency Services is seeking an individual to work as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative II to coordinate regional emergency management responsibilities. The selected individual will be an integral component in the development and implementation of the OPWDD emergency management program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities of the incumbent may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the development of regional emergency response plans in coordination with established regional planning committees across the state.
• Perform facility risk assessments for emergency planning activities.
• Assist in the development of facility based emergency management plans.
• Chair State (DDSOO) and Voluntary (DDRO) Regional Emergency Management Planning Committees.
• Coordinate training within each assigned region for staff that are involved in the coordination and response to emergency situations.
• Develop, coordinate and evaluate exercises in accordance with agency policy as well as state and federal guidelines/regulations.
• Assist in the development of regional communications plans as indicated by state, federal and agency policy.
• Assist programs within the region to establish, implement and evaluate emergency plans at the residential level.
• Coordinate regional Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) activities.
• Assist in the collection and recording of supplies/inventory in conjunction with statewide logistics officers.
• Assist in the development and education of statewide emergency management policies, procedures and plans.
• Provided detailed reports upon request of program compliance with regards to federal, state and agency requirements as they relate to emergency management.
• Maintain records of training, exercise and planning activities throughout the region.
• Assist in the development and deployment of agency incident response teams during times of crisis.
• Attend local and regional meetings with emergency managers and other agencies as indicated.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.