Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
145 Old Orangeburg Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Maintenance Supervisor 3, Grade 19, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. If you are unsure as to whether your current title qualifies for transfer, please email OMHHRM@OMH.NY.GOV for a determination.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill one permanent Maintenance Supervisor 3, Grade 19, position at the Cook Chill Production Center (CCPC) located in Orangeburg, New York. CCPC produces wholesome food that meets the nutritional and budgetary needs of its customers, which include OMH facilities, other state and government facilities, and non-profit agencies. Cook Chill is a facility which prepares large quantities of food with an extended shelf life.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise, plan, and provide technical direction to subordinate staff; Assign staff to projects as needed.
• Develop training programs for staff by determining training needs based on observation of work performance and by determining Cook Chill’s needs.
• Inspect facility to determine maintenance needs and recommend projects based on findings.
• Prepare and direct the preparation of sketches, plans, estimates of material and labor needs and costs, and work schedules.
• Manage and implement maintenance contracts.
• Prepare, implement, and enforce the preventive maintenance program currently in place at Cook Chill.
• Implement and enforce safety procedures and standards for all facility maintenance operations.
• Meet with trades supervisors involved in the project to coordinate and schedule work and to ensure the effective use of labor and material and that the project will be completed on schedule
• Plan and direct rehabilitation and construction projects.
• Perform a variety of tasks related to maintenance and repair of food production and other mechanical equipment, in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and a preventive maintenance schedule, using hand or shop tools.
• Building maintenance including maintenance, repair, installation, and construction tasks.
• Perform electrical and refrigeration repair and maintenance.
• Materials receiving and processing.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #51432 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.