Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Rd.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law. This position requires a valid New York State Professional Engineer’s license with current registration.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
The minimum requirements for taking the Promotional examination are:
A valid NYS Professional Engineer’s License with current registration and one year of permanent competitive service as an Assistant Engineer (Civil/Transportation).
The minimum requirements for taking the Open Competitive examinations are:
A valid NYS Professional Engineer’s License with current registration.
One year of professional engineering experience with transportation projects related to highways/roadways, bridges, airports, waterways, or traffic management and safety systems.
*Under the New York State Education Department guidelines, all professional engineers must practice in their area(s) of competency or they may be subject to disciplinary action.
Duties Description In the Regional Bridge Maintenance Group, under the direction of the Regional Bridge Maintenance Engineer (RBME), the incumbent would perform duties that include but are not limited to:
• Perform Project Management duties for all projects within their area by monitoring progress, early problem identification and resolution, performing monthly updates and maintenance of key project records.
• Review and comment on Project Development Documents.
• Attend all necessary meetings, scoping, design, pre-construction, mid-construction, final inspection, Regional Bridge Committee, etc.
• Coordinate all program activities involving regional bridge crews.
• Develop and maintain bridge management plans.
• Responsible for preparing and presenting annual area program.
• Provide professional engineering support to Regional Crews and assistance if the RBME is unavailable.
• Purchasing of Bridge Maintenance materials as necessary.
• Assist the Regional Bridge Maintenance Engineer with personnel transactions.
• Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Suite 1s50, 1st Floor