Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychology Assistant 3 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university psychology degree program, which prepares graduates for master's level psychologist positions in clinical, forensic, or community mental health settings. Qualifying degree programs must have included coursework in diagnostic psychological and behavioral assessment tools and treatment modalities for psychological and behavioral disorders. Examples of qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to: clinical psychology, clinical forensic psychology, community psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and child psychology.
Non-qualifying master's and doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to the following: degrees in education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial or organizational psychology, and health psychology.
***Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must have taken the Psychology Assistant 3 test scheduled on January 20, 2018 and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Duties will be consistent with those performed by Psychologist Assistant III in an IRA setting (to be conducted under the supervision of a licensed psychologist).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to the following: functional assessments of behavior, risk and lethality assessments. Psychology Assistant III will be expected to summarize assessment results and develop behavior support plans and train subordinate staff in their implementation. Behavioral tracking will also be expected for the purpose of treatment planning and advocacy at psychiatric visits. They may also provide counseling to individuals on an as-needed basis. Psychology Assistant III’s are also expected to present rights restrictions at behavior review committee with supporting documentation. It is expected that a flexible schedule be maintained, consistent with the individuals’ needs. Overall, the services described above are essential to the well-being of the Services are key to health and well-being of individuals. All aspects of assignment are to ensure we are meeting 633.16 regulations.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• This title may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For information on the PSLF, please click on:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1200 East and West Road
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to the Human Resources Office of the Western New York DDSO by the closing date indicated above. PLEASE REFERENCE EOA #18-213 ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE.