Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
In addition, candidates must be able to enter text at a rate of 30 words per minute corrected with at least 96% accuracy. Candidates must either provide documentation of their typing skills or pass a performance test before being considered for appointment.
NOTES: Candidates who are currently on the appropriate eligible list for the Secretary 1 in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Answer incoming calls, make appropriate referrals, take messages and communicate precisely and promptly with staff and the public.
• Assist staff with scheduling and preparing for appointments and meetings.
• Forward Certificates of Conviction to the corresponding County Department of Social Services.
• Maintain library and staff books by updating as needed and work with vendors to ensure timely payments.
• Perform functions related to supply handling and ordering.
TDA-2716EL (Rev. 2018)
• Prepare letters, memorandum, records and other documents as needed, ensuring adherence to
established standards and procedures.
• Report office maintenance issues to the Bureau of Management Services, follow through to resolution.
• Perform functions such as scanning, file maintenance and other administrative tasks as necessary.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval to fill. A full-time, permanent
appointment will be made. You must be a current NYS employee to apply for this position. If certified by Civil
Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-079 when submitting your application.*** If submitting
electronically, please reference posting #18-079 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.