Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description This position is located in the Grants/Revenue Unit of the Accounting Bureau. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Running and analyzing reports and preparing drawdowns spreadsheet for Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Grants;
• Comparing preliminary drawdowns calculation with individual PIN budgets to analyze over budget expenditures. Ensure final draw down calculation does not result in overruns;
• Preparing and analyzing monthly cash drawdowns for all open grants from FTA;
• Coordinating with program areas to resolve budget revisions and expenditure discrepancies for FTA Grants;
• Entering drawdowns data into FTA’s ECHO system for federal financial reporting;
• Processing entry in MIPPER; preparing and submitting revenue receipts (AC-909) to Treasury and Department of Taxation and Finance;
• Managing the Grants databases to ensure budget expenditures and drawdowns information are accurately reflected;
• Preparing and distributing the monthly drawdowns report to FTA and program areas;
• Participating in State Management Reviews and related training;
• Processing monthly Journal Revenue Transfer to Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) to re-classify Treasury sweeps from NYSDOT’s sole custody accounts;
• Performing monthly bank reconciliations;
• Preparing and submitting the quarterly Accounts Receivable Report to OSC;
• Preparing and submitting the Annual Sole Custody Reports to OSC;
• Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, 5th Floor, POD 5-2