Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
930 Willowbrook Road, Bldg 12G
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Permanent service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 title
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
Must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience, i.e. Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying
Must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
* If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled civil service examination for this title and your score
must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the
examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained *
Duties Description This position is for the Region 4 Broker Coordinator. The main office is located on Staten Island but will be required to travel to
the other four boroughs for trainings and meetings. Will serve all five boroughs for the following aspects of Broker services for
Maintaining and Monitoring Certifications/ Monitoring cases for all Brokers serving Region 4.
• Maintaining an updated list of all Brokers serving Region 4.
• Responsible for ensuring that certifications are up-to-date.
• Responsible for providing an updated list of Broker names to Self-
Direction liaisons when a Broker is requested.
• Monitor the number of plans each Broker has active.
• Will monitor the timeliness of developing SD plans
• Will arrange, schedule and conduct new and ongoing Broker trainings for Region 4
• Will ensure that all Brokers meet training requirements
• Will register Brokers for training new/ongoing.
• Responsible for recruiting Brokers to serve Region 4
• Will provide technical support to Brokers.
• Will ensure that all correspondences from OPWDD pertaining to Self-Direction is provided/shared with the Brokers.
• Will address any issues regarding a Broker’s performance and conduct while performing their duties as a Broker. This
covers a large area from counselling and instructing a Broker on appropriate interactions with families, agencies and other
parties to conducting themselves in a professional manner when providing their services to a family.
Additional Comments For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program: for more information on
PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1150 Forest Hill Road, Human Resources