Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service List for this title or be a NY State Employee eligible to transfer via 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law with one year of permanent service in the qualifying title.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Enterprise Solutions is seeking a person to work as a Resources and Reimbursement Agent 4 or District Manager for Revenue Support Field Operations (RSFO). The Agent 4 is part of the RSFO team with oversight for securing Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security and other benefits for the individuals residing in state operations.
The individual selected will support staff in Capital, Broome and Taconic regions. Travel to Capital, Broome and Taconic regions will be required as will an occasional extended work day for travel or supporting staff beyond your regular work schedule.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a district of Revenue Support Field Offices to ensure that functions are properly completed to maximize benefits and revenue, act as a Medicaid district, and provide training and technical support to persons with disabilities, families, advocates and service providers. Ensure that field staff have the knowledge, skills and expertise to fulfill their functions.
• Participate in the design and implementation of agency and benefit program initiatives in the local field offices. Communicate program policies and procedures to Revenue Support Field Office managers and monitors their effective implementation.
• Represent Revenue Support Field Operations in the design and development of agency policy, procedures and regulations to support and promote programs and initiatives to facilitate individual driven services. In given areas of expertise, interpret the application of benefit rules and regulations to difficult individual scenarios that cannot be resolved at the local level.
• Represent OPWDD and Revenue Support in communicating and negotiating with federal, state and local benefit administrative entities to educate them on services to the disabled and to facilitate their roles in providing benefits for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Represent the agency in communicating information about complex government benefit programs to the public and providers.
• Represent local RSFOs on personnel, supply, service and space resources matters, including the recruitment, retention and training of staff.
• Participate on state-wide groups for a variety of projects focused on enhancing Field Operations.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue