Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 14 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with the development of policies and procedures for Headquarters Operations.
• Research, analyze and report on program activities.
• Make logistics arrangements for Headquarters.
• Write, review and implement emergency operational procedures, plans and communications.
• Assist with Headquarter facility activities, controls and management.
• Attend, coordinate and assist with instructing training courses related to Incident Command and Emergency Management.
• Assist in assessing the training needs of state and local agencies and other organizations that support the state's emergency management efforts.
• Provide assistance in conducting hazard analysis workshops, risk assessments and using applicable data to support emergency plan development.
• Maintains the proper inventory level of IMT equipment and supplies.
• Participates in on-site assistance in support of IMT activities.
• Help coordinate the State Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP) efforts to provide county and local governments with relevant and executable planning, training and exercise guidance necessary to prevent, protect, mitigate, respond and recover from incidents involving commercial nuclear power plants.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.