Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Liaison with Contract Management, consultants and member agencies;
• Assisting Project Managers with Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Invitations for Bids (IFBs), contract management and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) compliance;
• Presiding over evaluation committee meetings; performing other activities related to selection process, including reviewing with Contract Management and requesting approval from Executive Director and NYSDOT executive management; negotiating and preparing contract drafts with input from the project manager and Contract Management; preparing federal funding request and encumbrance;
• Supervising Senior Accountant and one clerical staff;
• Preparing semi-annual DBE reports for Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA);
• Performing other tasks as required by Group Director or Executive Director;
• Providing information and assistance on administrative matters to NYMTC project managers as requested, including extensions, insurance for meetings, etc.;
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than May 1, 2018 to:
New York Metropolitan Transportation Council
25 Beaver Street, Suite 201
New York, NY 10004
Attn: Chris Rodrigues-Moore
Fax: (212) 383-7244
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.