Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Regional Office - Bldg. 16
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Permanent service as a Licensed Psychologist;
2. For promotion, a current license to practice psychology issued by the New York State Department of Education and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State AND one year of permanent competitive service as an Associate Psychologist or Psychologist 2.
3. A current license to practice psychology issued by the New York State Department of Education and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The candidate for this position will function as an integral member of Region 1 Regional Office. This position will be a cross section of psychology duties and responsibilities within the Regional Office. The candidate will be required to work flexible hours when needed to accommodate individuals and families.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• To provide psychology support to the Forensic and Eligibility department
• Meet with individuals seeking services to complete assessments (e.g., Risk Assessments, Competency Assessments, Cognitive Assessments, Adaptive Assessments, Autism Evaluations, Health Care Decisions Act (HCDA) etc.)
• Will meet with individuals to provide clinical insight and provide service recommendations
• Coordination and oversight of LMSWs completing adaptive and risk assessments
• Review of records to determine eligibility for OPWDD services
• Provide expert testimony in court regarding cases in which individuals were not found to be eligible for OPWDD services
• Additional duties and responsibilities as needed related to OPWDD/Regional Office functions
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.