Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Various Suffolk County Locations
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERMANENT APPOINTMENT:
• For Nurse 1 positions, on or before the date of filing your application, you must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State.
• For Nurse 2 positions, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
• Or currently permanent in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer per Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Nurse 1 or Nurse 2 on an assigned shift, you would provide professional nursing services appropriate to individuals served by the program to which you are assigned. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case-finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. You would also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team. You may also act as a charge nurse on a unit or in a residence. As a Nurse 2, SG-16 you may also provide supervision to subordinate professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in the performance of their patient/resident care duties and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs, and narcotics.
Additional Comments Additional Comments:
Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455), an Increased Hiring Salary ($5,641), Geographic Pay Differential ($12,871), and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Geographic Pay Differential and Downstate Adjustment are added to the job rate ($58,028) for the PS&T Grade 14. Additional compensation may apply based on shift assignment.
Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), an Increased Hiring Salary ($4,363), Geographic Pay Differential ($12,871), and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Geographic Pay Differential and Downstate Adjustment are added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16. Additional compensation may apply based on shift assignment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
45 Mall Drive, Suite 1