Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Utica Patient Resource Office, State Office Building, Rm 1602, 207 Genesee Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must currently be permanent in this title and eligible for a lateral transfer, OR have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking to fill a Resources & Reimbursement Agent 1, Grade 18/Resources and Reimbursement Agent Trainee, NS, position assigned to the Office of Financial Management, Utica Patient Resource Office. The Patient Resource Office (PRO) is responsible for documenting financial resources of mental health clients and/or their family members in order to determine reimbursement sources to pay for services and to determine eligibility for benefits.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Investigate, develop and protect clients’ financial resources.
• Investigate disability, medical and hospital benefits and determine ability to pay.
• Possess knowledge about all reimbursement and program sources available to recipients of OMH services such as Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance, Social Security, Veteran’s Administration, Food Stamps and other government programs as well as private ability to pay.
• Possess knowledge about and be able to access and use OMH and Medicaid related computer systems.
• Meet with patients/clients, their families, attorneys, and other interested parties concerning clients’ finances.
• Set charges and ensure that reserves and adequate spending allowances are maintained.
• Work with OMH facilities and community residences regarding financial aspects of client support systems; and interact with other agencies such as Social Security, local Department of Social Services and billing intermediaries.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #51488 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.