Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations), Grade 14 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations), Grade 14, in the Office of Financial Management (OFM), State Operations Finance Group (SOFG), Central Revenue Operation (CRO). The Central Revenue Operation Unit is responsible for cash receipts and accounts receivable.
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing CRO activities to safeguard cash receipts and ensure that cash management is performed accurately, timely and in accordance with office policy. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee CRO, review record keeping operations and ensure the accuracy of the cash system.
• Supervise clerical staff in the performance of their duties by providing guidance and assistance and monitor workflow to ensure timely processing.
• Perform cashier functions including cash/bank deposits, preparing refunds and transfer balances, and preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
• Responsible for the production and mailing of inpatient and outpatient billing and third party health insurance billing.
• Primary liaison with outside vendors, insurance companies and patient Resource Office Managers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position, location, and vacancy ID #51503 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.