Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1213 Court Street
Minimum Qualifications Currently employed as an Addictions Counselor 1 ~OR~ Eligible for appointment from the current Addictions Counselor 1 eligible list ~OR~ eligible for transfer. Applicants must possess current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in New York State. Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
McPike ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
Duties Description Responsibilities for the counselor in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Functions as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
• Provides individual and group therapy and facilitates a variety of clinical activities including facilitating recreational activities as needed.
• Presents/conducts lectures, videos, psycho-educational groups, and specialty groups.
• Functions as a primary counselor, managing all facets of clinical services to patient caseload.
• Intervenes when patients are in crisis and utilizes clinical skills to problem solve.
• Transports patients as needed using NYS vehicle.
• Interviews patients to complete various assessments; clinical record keeping in accordance with McPike ATC operating practices; involves patient in the formation of the treatment plan; and monitors patients' compliance with treatment goals.
• Completes forms, documents, and records efficiently, including discharge planning, while adhering to all applicable confidentiality regulations.
• Provides or coordinates all facets of patients’ care.
• Participates in activities to improve patient care and facility operations.
• Authors procedurally correct patient records including justification for continued stay and progress toward meeting treatment goals.
• Uses a computer daily for patient documentation and other required communication.
• Admission Determination, admission interviews, outreach activities, scheduling, etc.
Communicates with insurance companies to obtain both preauthorization and concurrent reviews to obtain payment for treatment.
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave.