Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in Linux server administration. At least four years of this experience must be in an environment with one or more of the following technologies:
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) versions 6 and 7
• DevOps Configuration Automation using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Centralized Management Tools like Red Hat Satellite, SpaceWalk, RunDeck, Zabbix
• VMware Virtual Machines, VMware vCenter
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
In addition to the technical background, the ideal candidate will have:
• Expert understanding and have considerable experience with Linux Logical Volume Manager, tcpdump and networking tracing and diagnostics, Linux security, VMware virtualization, Power CLI and Power Shell, LINUX system performance monitoring and troubleshooting, and ITSM ServiceNow.
• Expert knowledge and considerable experience with configuration and advanced troubleshooting techniques with SAN attached storage including both EMC and IBM subsystems.
• Hands on experience with IBM, Dell and HP server hardware maintenance.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4 (G-25), the Project Assistant will support the Division's various Linux platforms. The incumbent will provide direction for staff within the Linux support team and serve as specialist/liaison to ensure the progress, timeliness, and quality of assignments. The incumbent will also be responsible for project management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), security compliance, patch management, data center consolidations/migrations, change management, and the effective communication of thoughts and ideas to help make informed decisions with the State Agencies and their customers best interests in mind.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assign work to subordinates and monitor project progress, review major staff initiatives and products, and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Communicate purpose, scope and objectives of short-term and long-range projects to staff.
• Provide input for procedures, standards, and internal controls for the conduct of work within this unit.
• Adhere to ITS and DCH LINUX unit rules and regulations, including following information security standards and completing required employee training courses.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the Linux arena for use in planning with Section management.
• Install and configure Linux operating systems, patches, and various vendor supplied fixes using established team and enterprise standards.
• Utilize and promote centralized management administration toolsets.
• Standardize configurations using modern DevOps automation techniques.
• Develop automated solutions for repetitive tasks.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation, including detailed written technical procedures and reports.
• Prepare written material, status reports, provide feedback, and communicate effectively to supervisors and other managers in a timely manner.
• Install, configure, and manage a wide variety of Linux distributions, including but not limited to: RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux, SUSE, and Ubuntu Linux with VMware v6, Red Hat Satellite v5.7, Zabbix v3.4, Chef v12, Ansible Tower v3.2.2, BASH, RunDeck 2.10, Graylog v2.4, OSSEC v2.9, and various other management tools and systems.
• Support and manage high-availability systems configured in PowerHA, Oracle RAC, and/or GPFS clusters.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062