Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in the following:
• Managing IBM AIX servers.
• Working with the following clustering technologies: IBM PowerHA, GPFS and Oracle RAC.
• IBM HMC
• Setting up and managing VIO servers
• Using an IBM NIM server and patching servers
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Possess understanding and have considerable experience with pSeries virtualization, PowerVM, and AIX system performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Experience with configuration and advanced troubleshooting techniques with SAN attached storage including both EMC and IBM subsystems.
• Hands on experience with IBM 880, 880c, 780, 770 and other Power8 and Power7 systems.
Duties Description The Project Assistant will report to an Information Technology Specialist 4, and support the Division's IBM pSeries platform. The incumbent will respond to incidents and implement proactive measures to minimize service interruptions. The incumbent will be responsible for AIX system support activities and serve as specialist/liaison, to ensure the progress, timeliness and quality of assignments. The position will also be responsible for project management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), security compliance, patch management, data center consolidations/migrations, change management, and effective communication to help make informed decisions with the State Agencies and their customers best interest in mind.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform DCH AIX tasks including, but not limited to, AIX account administration, software installations and upgrades, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Prepare, collect, update, and distribute documentation, inventory, logs, work plans, and/or system and maintenance reports.
• Coordinate, respond, and process incident tickets, service requests, and changes control items.
• Demonstrate customer service skills in communicating with internal and external customers of agencies utilizing consolidated ITS data center hosting.
• Adhere to ITS and DCH AIX unit rules and regulations including, but not limited to, following information security standards, and completing required employee training courses.
• Assist with and organize initiatives using proven project management techniques, including, but not limited to, project planning, risk assessment, and team guidance and supervision.
• Install, configure, and manage systems with IBM AIX v6.1, 7.1, 7.2, VIOS 2.2, and HMC v7/8.
• Support and manage high-availability systems configured in PowerHA, Oracle RAC, and/or GPFS clusters.
• Development of scripts to automate routine system admin tasks.
• Provide daily backup support for Commvault enterprise backup software.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062