Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Seven or more years of experience in Application Architecture / Systems Support. At least 5 years of this experience must be in an environment with one or more of the following technologies:
• Architect and configure SSI clustering for LPAR HA
• ZVM virtualization running zLinux guests
• High-availability systems configured in RedHat HA, Oracle RAC, and/or GPFS2 clusters
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and six years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Possess expert understanding and have considerable experience with ZVM virtualization running zLinux guests and zLinux system performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Experience with FCP adapter configuration and advanced troubleshooting techniques with SAN attached storage to both the ZVM and zLinux LPARS including both EMC and IBM subsystems.
• Experience supporting servers running CommVault backup software (i.e. installing agents, troubleshooting issues and performing restores).
• Expert understanding of networking technologies including DNS, subnetting, routing, vLan, etherchannel, firewalls and load balancing.
• Working experience with IOCP configuration and planning for ZVM LPARS.
• Hands on experience with some of the following hardware platforms IBM 2818: zEnterprise 114 (z114); IBM 2827: zEnterprise EC12 (zEC12); IBM 2828: zEnterprise BC12 (zBC12).
• Mandatory experience running zLinux on either IBM 2964: IBM z Systems z13 (z13); OR IBM 3906: IBM Z14.
Duties Description The Project Coordinator will report to the Manager of IT Services (G-29), and be responsible for the supervision, project management, and technical leadership of the complex technical activities to ensure the reliability, availability, performance and cost effectiveness of the Division's Linux infrastructure and the effort to transition a major portion of that workload to run on zLinux on the IBM mainframe Z architecture. The incumbent will respond to incidents and implement proactive measures to minimize service interruptions as a result of this transition. The incumbent will manage technical/system support activities and serve as technical specialist/liaison and team leader, to ensure the progress, timeliness and quality of assignments. The incumbent will also be responsible for project management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), security compliance, patch management, data center consolidations/migrations, change management, and the effective communication of thoughts and ideas to help make informed decisions with the State Agencies and their customers best interests in mind.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Confer with higher level managers, subordinates, and CTO architects to develop long-term work objectives, taking into consideration technical, fiscal and staffing resources.
• Develop and maintain detailed technical plans for areas of responsibility.
• Define purpose, scope and objectives of short-term and long-range projects.
• Assign work to subordinate supervisors and monitor project progress, review major staff initiatives and products, and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Direct meetings attended by project team(s), ITS management, and CTO staff to discuss specific projects.
• Develop procedures, standards and internal controls for the conduct of work within this unit.
• Monitor compliance and takes appropriate action as needed.
• Assist the Data Hosting Managers in the preparation of the unit's budget.
• Develop or participate in the development, interpretation, review and communication of ITS policies, procedures and standards.
• Analyze the impact of proposed policy and legislation as they pertain to Data Hosting and infrastructure services.
• Ensure unit staff stay current on required ITS training.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the Z hardware platform for use in planning with CTO architects and staff development activities.
• Direct technical staff to install, configure, and manage systems with RedHat distributions for different hardware platforms.
• Architect and configure SSI clustering for LPAR HA and resilience during maintenance.
• Support and manage high-availability systems configured in RedHat HA, Oracle RAC, and/or GPFS2 clusters on Linux and zLinux.
• Performs the full range of supervisory duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062