Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six or more years of experience in Application Architecture / Systems Support. At least 5 years of this experience must be in the IBM I environment.
The following degrees in Computer Science may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and six years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and six years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and five years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Six years designing/installing/configuring/upgrading IBM I 7.1 operating systems on IBM Power Systems S814.
• Five years supporting installation and customization of IBM and third party software on IBM I.
• Five years supporting Disaster and Recovery and BRMS Backup and Recovery environment on multiple IBM I LPARs.
• Four years supporting configuration of IBM I network, console support via HMC, and all TCP/IP resources and devices connected to an IBM I system.
• Four years supporting object level authorities and security on the IBM I.
• Five years performing IBM I diagnostic, tuning and server activities.
Duties Description The Project Coordinator will report to a Manager of Information Technology Services 1, and be responsible for supervision, project management, and technical leadership of the complex technical activities to ensure the reliability, availability, performance and cost effectiveness of the Division's IBM I. The incumbent will respond to incidents and implement proactive measures to minimize service interruptions. Additionally, the position will manage technical/system support activities and serve as technical specialist/liaison, team leader, and ensure the progress, timeliness and quality of assignments. The incumbent will also be responsible for project management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), security compliance, patch management, data center consolidations/migrations, change management, and effective communication to help make informed decisions with the State Agencies and their customers best interest in mind.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Architect/Install/configure/upgrade IBM I infrastructure on Power 8 hardware including S814.
• Download, install and apply hardware patches, PTF's and firmware for IBM I.
• Perform IBM I diagnostic and tuning activities using ITM. Function as a single point of contact between the customer, other support teams, and vendors.
• Support LPAR's running IBM I middleware including DB2, IBM SQL, QUERY, BRMS.
• BRMS administration and support (Create and maintain backups, backup reporting, media management, perform special saves, perform restore requests).
• IBM I TCP/IP troubleshooting, configuration and support (network connectivity).
• Printer queue configuration, administration and user support.
• QSYSOPR message que monitoring and support.
• HMC (Hardware Management).
• IBM I FTP support.
• Configure and maintain IBM I job scheduler.
• Support for attached hardware (tape drives, printers, internal disk & cabling).
• Vendor supplied software troubleshooting and support (Client access, ODBC, Tivoli).
• Work with ITS and external agency staff to support the appropriate deployment and operation of IT systems in the IBM I environment.
• Teach, mentor and create procedures for the team to improve the group's problem-solving techniques.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with NYS ITS staff, external agency staff, project managers, and executive level staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062