Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) in finance, accounting, business management, public finance or public administration.
• Ten (10) or more years of progressive financial management experience
• Extensive experience in operational finance and accounting
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of financial reporting, cash management, budget development, and project management
• Ability to work with and implement technology solutions in a financial environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and lead teams to solutions
• Experience within a Lottery organization is preferred but is not required
• All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director, Division of the Lottery, the incumbent will perform duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serves as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the Division of the Lottery within the New York State Gaming Commission. The CFO provides oversight and management of the Lottery Division’s financial management. The incumbent will frequently consult with intra-departmental officials on budgeting and management, revenues and expenditures, contract issues, fiscal and human resources policies, procedures, plans, priorities and desired results.
• Oversees the Division’s sales audit and accounting functions.
• Provides an appropriate system of financial management and control.
• Evaluates the scope and effectiveness of the financial resources, systems, and business services and develops improvements as needed.
• Advises the Director on matters of policy and strategy in budgeting area and management, and on matters highly sensitive or controversial in nature.
• Assists the Director in establishing a budget for the Division, including long term planning of financial resources, objectives, goals and priorities for the division ensuring that measurable objectives are met.
• Works in conjunction with Financial Management and Executive staff to prepare the agency’s budget request documents and develop potential legislative and regulatory solutions to fiscal issues of interest to the Division.
• Works closely with the Human Resources Unit on the Division’s staffing and succession planning, working within Personal Service funds available for the Division.
• Coordinates appropriate responsibilities between the Division and the Commission’s central finance staff.
• The incumbent may be called upon to assist the Commission’s Executive team with financial issues in other Commission divisions.
Additional Comments The Secretary (Chief Financial Officer-Division of the Lottery) serves at the pleasure of the Governor of the State of New York and shall be appointed pursuant to N.Y. Racing, Pari-Mutuel Wagering and Breeding Law § 103.
This position is an exempt, full-time position with an anticipated starting salary of up to $145,000, dependent upon qualifications, and an outstanding, comprehensive benefits package.
Appointments are contingent upon a satisfactory background check which will include a federal and state criminal fingerprint records review.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
New York State Gaming Commission, PO Box 7500
Notes on ApplyingEmail submissions are preferred.
Résumés will be evaluated to determine whether candidates will proceed to the interview phase of the process.
Interested qualified candidates must submit a résumé and letter of interest no later than May 21, 2018 by mail or email to the address listed above. Please include “Chief Financial Officer” in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.