Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications The qualified candidate should be working toward a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Technology Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Political Science, Accounting, or similar field. Additionally, preferred candidates should possess:
• Advanced Microsoft Office 365 experience, particularly Excel;
• Basic technical understanding of SQL and database structures;
• Familiarity with data visualization or business intelligence tools; and
• Familiarity with SharePoint.
Duties Description The Budget Planning, Operations and Management Unit in the Division of the Budget (DOB) is looking for a Student Assistant to join the Data Analytics and Technology Team and assist in the development and implementation of various information technology projects within the Division.
Responsibilities of the Data Analytics and Technology Intern include, but are not limited to:
• Design and develop data visualizations using Tableau software to improve DOB’s analytical capabilities;
• Perform data analysis and data management to ensure information is accurately presented;
• Analysis, design and documentation of active IT projects;
• Coordinate activities that support active IT projects; and
• Work collaboratively across units within DOB and Office of Information Technology Services (ITS).
Additional Comments To be considered for a Student Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Summer Internship"
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a Student Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Summer Internship".