Minimum Qualifications At least six (6) years of experience in outreach, training, communications, marketing, change management or public relations.
• An Associate’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of experience.
• A Master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this positon.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Project Assistant (G23), the Project Assistant (SG-18) will perform a variety of supporting activities related to communication, documentation, and risk management. The incumbent is expected to acquire in-depth subject matter knowledge and have the necessary verbal and written communication skills to convey project information effectively to Payroll System Customers, stakeholders, policymakers, professional interest groups, internal OSC staff and management, and the general public. In this capacity, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Assist in scheduling and providing communications, awareness events, and meetings that are part of the overall project communications plan.
• Assist in developing position papers which document change impacts.
• Assist in coordinating project activities and events.
• Receive, track and follow up on requests for information and presentations from agencies and other system stakeholders.
• Write periodic updates for publication on the OSC Payroll Upgrade Project website.
• Draft and oversee the distribution of a project newsletter and news bulletins that serve as the primary communication vehicle for the project.
• Write feature articles on the project and project issues for publication in the PayServ Newsletter and other OSC publications.
• Coordinate staff input and draft monthly status reports and other periodic reports on project activity.
• Develop project presentation and informational materials using print and other media (slides, MS PowerPoint, etc.).
Additional Comments • Demonstrated ability to prepare, understand and interpret often complex written materials, and design and present curricula to diverse audiences.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff both over the telephone and in-person.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively, in a team environment.
• Experience working successfully on a Project which is a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/02838_Template_04_2018.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 23, 2018. Please reference Items #02838-JDC-GOER in the subject line of the email, and on the cover letter.
To obtain the required template; copy and paste the following hyper link into your browser, download and save the template:
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.