Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be a current NYS employee eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law or reachable on the BSA 1 or appropriate Civil Service eligible list (PATT, PCO).
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to salary grade 16 or above.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one-year permanent competitive service in a qualifying title.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.4:
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher and possess a bachelor’s degree’ and have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list.
Candidates may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the grade 18 position. The traineeship would include SG-13 Trainee 1, SG-14 Trainee 2 and after successful completion of the two-year traineeship advance to the SG-18 level.
55B/C eligible candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description Provide support for existing business processes and systems in all functional areas of the Retirement System
* Work with stakeholders to support existing business processes and system components.
* Document and categorize existing business processes.
* Work directly with operational bureau managers and staff in order to design and implement timely and effective solutions required to maintain existing functionality.
Assist in business process analysis activities
* Validating requirements throughout the business analysis process.
* Assisting in developing, communicating and maintaining methodology and standards to promote and institutionalize a consistent approach to business analysis.
Assist in business process design activities
* Assisting with the identification and documentation of the scope of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to federal or State laws and statutes.
* Composing and reviewing business system documentation.
* Assisting with the communication of business process and system requirements to IT staff and other stakeholders.
Assist in supporting system development activities
* Assisting with the development of the desired future of those processes including creating narratives and process models.
Assist in user testing activities
* Participate in user testing to assure the functionality is working properly.
Assist in system deployment activities
* Participate in reviewing and analyzing business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
* Strong interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Experience working with an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft.
* Strong knowledge of business analysis, techniques and tools.
* Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills.
* Ability to interact and work well with technical and business staff.
* Ability to work well in a team environment
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below by May 18, 2018. Please reference #08185-GOER-JAM when responding. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included).