Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1213 Court Street
Minimum Qualifications Currently employed as an Addictions Counselor 2 ~OR~ Current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in NYS AND one year post-CASAC professional counseling experience and reachable on the Addictions Counselor 2 eligible list ~OR~ eligible for transfer.
McPike ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility
Duties Description The Addiction Counselor 2 will serve as a senior member of a case management team providing clinical services with a marked degree of independence. Specific tasks include:
• Functions as a lead member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Provides supervision and guidance/consultation to AC1s and other less senior title staff members.
• Works with more difficult and challenging patients
• Provides individual and group therapy and facilitates a variety of clinical activities
• Present/conducts lectures, videos, psycho-educational groups, and specialty groups
• Intervenes when patients are in crisis and utilizes clinical skills to problem solve
• Transports patients as needed using NYS vehicle
• Takes lead role in interviewing patients to complete various assessments including the Comprehensive Assessment, as part of individual treatment plan development; monitors patients’ compliance with Treatment Goals
• Completes forms, documents, and records efficiently, including discharge planning, while adhering to all applicable confidentiality regulations
• Provides or coordinates all facets of patients ‘care
• Participates in activities to improved patient care and facility operations
• Authors procedurally correct patient records and is involved with patient follow up
• Uses a computer proficiently for patient documentation and other required communication
• Obtains clinical information and contacts patient’s insurance company to obtain preauthorization for payment and files appeals on denials of preauthorization
• May be assigned other tasks to meet facility needs.
This position provides constant intervention, initial assessment of patient issues, and continual monitoring of the patient milieu. This position is needed to provide the daily core functioning of McPike ATC.
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave.