Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Rd.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Design is looking to fill (1) Senior Engineering Technician, who will perform one or more of the following duties:
• Act as the assistant to the Statewide Utility Engineer.
• Manage utility agreement processing and recordkeeping.
• Assess the appropriateness and completeness of submittals.
• Identify, communicate, and address delays to agreements and other assignments.
• Maintain project files for utility work on capital construction projects. Files are both hardcopy and computer. Perform analysis on data in files for various reporting requirements.
• Review and assess engineering plans, specifications and estimates for utility work for accuracy, completeness and reasonableness.
• Assist the Rail Agreement Coordinators with the processing of rail agreements when necessary.
• Review, assess, and track the impact of Public Service Commission utility cases on the Department and its Right of Way.
• Help process and verify Subsurface Utility Engineering payment estimates.
• Assist the Survey Group with field work, equipment evaluation, training and equipment
• Assist the Design Bureau with photo realistic renderings using CADD and other software.
• Assist the Consultant Management Bureau with consultant reports, evaluation of data, and reviews of reports and plans.
• Expected to use various computer applications in the performance of your duties.
• Specific requirements, if any, will be discussed at the interview.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Additional Comments Occasional mandatory overtime.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 2-3