Minimum Qualifications The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has embarked on a multi-year initiative, called the Redesign Project, that will require significant investment to redesign its business processes and legacy systems, replacing them with an integrated, customer focused, information system that facilitates its work.
When the Redesign Project is complete, NYSLRS will possess a modern information system, ready to meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders in a secure, flexible and stable environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
The candidate must have at least six (6) years of general experience in outreach, training, help desk, communications or public relations.
This experience must include one of the following, which may be concurrent:
• Two (2) years of experience in development or delivery of training regarding detailed policies, procedures or technology.
An Associate's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience.
A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Project Assistant (SG-25) – Training Operations Manager, these full-time Project Assistants (SG-18) will serve on the Redesign Outreach & Change Management Team. The Training Team is designed specifically to train and ensure knowledge transfer to all stakeholders of the new retirement benefit administration system. There are over 800 potential internal users and up to 18K employer users.
The incumbents will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Working with the Outreach & Change Management Team to develop and implement a training program that meets the identified needs of the participating stakeholders, including an assessment process for continual improvements of the program;
• Review training provided by the NYSLRS selected implementation vendor and recommend changes based on feedback from bureau staff as needed;
• Prepare lesson plans and assist in the delivery of training programs by presenting ideas, concepts and factual information in a classroom setting.
• Oversee, draft and disseminate audience-specific training announcements and information concerning educational opportunities for stakeholders;
• Maintain attendance records for participants for all training courses and the issuance of certificates when applicable;
• Evaluating training courses to ensure successful execution and completion of training;
• Coordinate stakeholder input and feedback as related to training through the use of the Change Agent Network meetings and events which have been implemented to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders;
• Provide support to stakeholder help desk staff to ensure that appropriate levels of support and recourses are provided to stakeholders such as tools and documentation used during training and knowledge transfer;
• Report and monitor the resolution of any issues that stakeholders may experience during the transition process including, but not limited to: new file formatting, not understanding data errors, connectivity, setting up security profiles for their employees, and enrollment system pages.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff both over the telephone and in-person.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively, in a team environment.
• Experience providing instructional assistance and support, over the phone, via webinar, or in person, regarding program specific process and procedures in a “How to” manner.
• Experience working successfully in a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template (http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/08250_Template_05_2018.doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 18, 2018. Please reference Item # O8250/08251/08252bv-OSC in the subject line of the email and on the cover letter. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included).
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate
they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based
SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT; It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your
experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that
you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY
DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions
will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.