Minimum Qualifications PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
* Eight (8) years of experience in data analysis, including creating, monitoring and reporting on management measurements.
* One (1) year of experience utilizing business intelligence or data modeling tools. Business intelligence tools may include, but are not limited to Tableau, OBIEE, Cognos, SQL tools for ad-hoc queries and reporting, Informatica, Python, R, and Power BI.
- A Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Social Science or a closely related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the general experience.
- A Masters' degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Social Science or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the general experience.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of Data Analytics, the Project Assistant for Data Analytics (SG-25) is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Work with designated staff to develop purpose, scope, and objectives of short-term audits for the office.
* Conduct work that demonstrates the viability and value associated with specific aspects of data analytics while building capabilities, tools, processes and staff skills in support of the long-term plan for the office.
* Facilitate meetings attended by project team members, agency management and IT staff to discuss specific project objectives and resolve problems or issues.
* Support staff in their analysis efforts by introducing new predictive analytic techniques into all operations.
* Work with SFS, CIO and OSC Bureau directors to develop an analytics implementation strategy that takes advantage of existing and proposed data repositories and tools (i.e. SFS, FirstNY, AnalyzeNY, Tableau, Oracle OBIEE, MS PowerBI).
* Elicit requirements from bureaus in potential areas for analysis: payment data, audit planning, fraud detection, legislative reporting mandates and facilitate efforts to translate business requirements and issues into data analytics problem statements.
* Develop analytical implementation strategies that are repeatable and accessible for end users to implement various approved analytics projects.
* Assist in the implementation of new data management policies, procedures and standards.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies:
* Demonstrated experience in creating data dashboards for the tracking, analysis and display of KPI’s.
* Demonstrated experience in the mining of large data sets to extract data patterns.
* Extremely strong attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills.
* Proven collaborative skills in reaching a team approach to accomplishing work.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and the completed template ( http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/01745_Template_05_2018.doc ) to “Recruit” no later than May 18, 2018. Please reference Item #01745-GOER-MM in the subject line of the email and on the cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.