Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Business System Analyst 4 eligible list
OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer under 52.6
Candidates must have one year of permanent Competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to
a grade 25 or higher designated 52.6.
Duties Description * Manage analysis, design and development activities
o Define the business needs, assesses capability gaps of existing solutions and determine solution approaches to meeting business needs
o Assist in prioritizing and organizing requirements.
o Communicate business process requirements to IT staff, program staff and stakeholders
o Analyze the impact of changes to IT system requirements or business processes and evaluate project timelines and priorities
o Encouraging stakeholders to resolve issues with design specifications before implementation
* Manage testing and deployment activities
o Validate that solutions meet business needs
o Evaluate the outcome of system testing; confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications
* Manage business process and system maintenance and enhancement activities
o Analyze current or ‘as is’ state of the business process or functions and process models
o Review and write requirements for future or ‘to be’ state of IT system or business processes for the more critical assignments
* Supervise subordinate staff
o Supervise BSA staff
o Evaluate staff performance and productivity, develop and manage training plans for subordinate staff
o Establish, monitor and ensure that predetermined goals/objectives are met
o Manage daily work/priorities
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the Systems Development Life Cycle throughout all phases of solution delivery
* Experience using recognized business analysis methodologies such as business process flows, fit-gap analysis and functional designs
* Experience developing test scenarios, scripts and data, and reviewing test results
* Experience working with an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft
* Ability to understand the business environment and translate that into effective requirements – interacting and working well with technical and business staff
* Ability to perform effectively: creative thinking, decision making, problem solving and system thinking
* Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills
* Demonstrate ability to coach and mentor employees; ability to uphold highest standards of professionalism and courtesy in the workplace; ability to apply the organization’s values and hiring practices in obtaining new talent
* Demonstrated experience supervising multiple employees
* Work well in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication
* Strong presentation skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below by May 21, 2018. Please reference #08200-GOER-JAM when responding. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included).