Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must either be a qualified employee of New York State AND have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Health Care Surveyor 1 (Nursing), Health Services Nurse, or in a professional nursing title allocated to Grade 16 or higher; OR must have a license and current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State AND have two years of post-licensure clinical nursing experience AND must meet one of the following requirements:
Either 1. a bachelor's or master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, the biological sciences, public health, epidemiology, public administration in a health care area, health care administration, or hospital services administration;
Or 2. two additional years of nursing experience in which 50% of your time was spent in the administration, development, or implementation of an infection control program;
Or 3. a current national certificate in infection control issued by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position is characterized by a reasonability for the Broome DDSOO infection control program, insuring adherence to established infection control standards and policies. Incumbents serve in a liaison capacity between all departments and any/all Infection Control Committees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates, directs, and provides nursing services to equip the DDSOO, and Intermediate Care Facilities to comply with and revise the infection control program. The primary objectives of the Infection Control Nurse are to:
• Assure a high quality of care by developing policies and procedures supportive of an infection control program that eliminates risk of infection to individuals, staff, and community members through surveillance and implementation of appropriate control measures.
• Teach infection control and isolation techniques, practices, and policies to employees at all levels.
• Identify areas demonstrating infection risk and initiate and maintain such programs to eliminate hazards of infection.
• Maintains close communication with supervisory personnel concerning infection problems and hazards.
• Develops and conducts in-service education programs for staff to improve the knowledge and practice of infection control and epidemiology.
• Acts as the infection control liaison between all departments and medical services, Infection Control Committees, facility administration and community programs.
• Makes periodic rounds in nursing and program areas to case findings and supervision of isolation techniques.
• Assists medical personnel in identifying carriers and tracing possible sources of infection, and preventing transmission of disease
• Assists in development and/or implementation of improved infection control measures.
• Maintains appropriate records related to nursing/infection control.
• Maintain equipment and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter, Response to Posting form, and résumé by May 18, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 180516D in all correspondence.