Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Secretary 1, Grade 11, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. In order to be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a qualifying Grade 9 to 13 title.
Candidates who are not transferring from a keyboarding title must possess adequate keyboarding skills (i.e., the ability to type 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy) as demonstrated by passing the Keyboarding Performance Test.
Preferred candidates will be proficient working in the following programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Secretary 1, Grade 11, position in the Office of Financial Management, State Operations Budget and Financial Management Group. The State Operations Budget and Financial Management Group performs budget and financial monitoring functions for Central Office and 24 State Operated Psychiatric Centers. Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform secretarial and administrative support to professional staff including: answering/directing incoming correspondence and phone calls, scheduling meetings for the SFS Team and other professional staff members, logging/tracking emails and maintaining office calendars, managing/distributing office mail, maintaining office files, and coping, scanning, and faxing of miscellaneous correspondence.
• Interact by phone with various facilities and control agencies, including the Division of Budget.
• Maintain and manage vendor file system in the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Assign, change and remove SFS roles to OMH employees as requested by assigned SFS Liasions in CO and Facilities. Provide new user passwords or reset passwords as requested.
• Update SFS employee data as new employees are hired or existing employees change positions/locations.
• Support the maintenance and development of the OMH Admin Portal which is used as the current tool for OMH users to request SFS access and/or updates.
• Support the maintenance and development of the OMH Admin Portal which will be used as the primary reference tool for the Administrative Support Procedure Manual (ASPM).
• Assist with the development of fillable forms to supplement the Administrative Support Procedure manual.
• Run various reports (daily reports, consensus report, etc.) and distribute to the appropriate staff.
• Provide the personnel services reports to DOB for approval and distribute to the appropriate staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53053 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.