Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
• Four or more years of professional experience in online or print journalism, news broadcast, or creative writing. An associate’s degree in journalism or related field may substitute for three years of experience.
• Possesses knowledge of and familiarity with Content Management Systems
• Completes assignments quickly and accurately and works well under pressure
• Communicates in a professional manner with co-workers and clients
• Problem solves and troubleshoots autonomously
• Demonstrates strong writing, proofreading, and grammar skills
Duties Description New York State is looking for a creative and motivated Content Associate to help create and post content quickly on the NY.Gov and Governor.NY.Gov websites. Based in downtown Albany, the successful candidate will work in a collaborative environment with the Web Team of the NY.Gov Digital Team.
The Content Associate will create and post content to the NY.Gov and Governor.NY.Gov websites correctly, quickly, and efficiently within tight deadlines. The Content Associate will assist with posting the governor’s daily schedule, and create and post translations of press releases, executive orders, and scheduled events. The incumbent will work with the team to help evaluate incoming requests and brainstorm design possibilities, as well as create URL’s for images and files, draft training documentation, and monitor website feedback. This position requires a flexible work schedule and will require working some nights and weekends.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Post the Governor’s daily schedule including location and event details, updating as needed
• Create and post Russian, Korean, Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian, and Haitian Creole translations of press releases, executive orders, and scheduled events
• Develop new content pages using available templates
• Oversee and manage keyword creation and library
• Assist with monthly, quarterly, and seasonal updates to county pages
• Enhance press releases with the creation of photo galleries, pull quotes, videos, and hero images
• Scan and fix content for styling errors, broken links, spelling errors, and formatting errors
• Create URLs for images and files for the Governor’s Office quickly
• Provide assistance on long-term projects to the NY.Gov Content Manager and Content Producer
• Draft training documentation on new websites or procedures to be reviewed and shared with stakeholders
• Monitor website feedback
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume by May 18, 2018. Please describe how you meet the preferred qualifications and indicate that you are applying for Content Associate, Ref. #18419.