Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in Application Development using Java Enterprise Edition or Microsoft .Net, and SQL Database experience in Oracle or MS SQL Server. This experience should include the following technologies:
• Java, JSP, Servlet, JMS, EJB and JSF and/or in Microsoft .Net MVC, C# and ASP.Net
• Enterprise Java Application Servers (WAS or JBOSS) or Microsoft IIS
• Web Services and XML
• Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL, Hibernate, JPA, NPA, or Microsoft Entity framework
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science or Business Administration or Criminal Justice, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
• Experience implementing Application Development best practices and principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices and ability to implement them.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment (matrix organization).
• Familiarity with public safety/criminal justice business and applications.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4 within the Business Solutions Applications bureau of the Public Safety Portfolio, the incumbent will support New York State Police projects including Trooper Exam, Trooper Background Investigation, Mobile GAL, and AMBER Alert Applications.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as a technical lead for assigned Public Safety projects, service requests, and defect releases.
• Provide level-of-effort programming estimates based on requirement and use case documents
• Work with Business Analyst on Requirement gathering and clarification
• Work with Enterprise Architect to develop and document high-level and low-level design.
• Work with Data Architect to develop, design, and create DB Objects in Oracle and/or MS SQL Server databases
• Implement the solution using Java Enterprise Edition technology suite and/or Microsoft .Net
• Assist in the deployment of applications through the different environments (JBOSS, Apprenda/NetForge (i.e. a .Net private cloud) , and/or WAS and Websphere Portal)
• Integrate the Secure System Development Lifecycle methodology in all projects
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062