Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in x86 hardware management. This experience must include the following:
• Lenovo x86 hardware management experience
• HP x86 hardware management experience
• Cisco UCS hardware management experience
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Lenovo Flex blade management, HP C7000 chassis management, HP OneView administration, Lenovo xClarity administration, Cisco UCS Manager administration, DRAC, RSA, iLo, A+ certification, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows server
Duties Description Under the direction of Information Technology Specialist 4, G25, within the Data Center Hosting Hardware Unit, the Project Assistant will support x86 server hardware environments at centralized data center locations and at field offices throughout NYS, including IBM\Lenovo, HP, Dell, and Cisco x86 hardware.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- X86 Hardware Management; Receive, install, and configure of new hardware based on collected requirements including network, storage, power consumption, rack locations, weight, etc.
- Hardware relocation and\or removal of systems from remote locations and data center locations
- Maintain configuration of remote management capabilities, such as HP iLO, Dell DRAC, Lenovo RSA, HP OpenView, Lenovo xClarity, Cisco UCS Manager
- Hardware replacement coordination and execution via support vendors
- Work Intake through ITSM for Incidents, Requests, Change requests, and Problem. Candidate would be required to submit Change requests for scheduled work, respond to incidents submitted by end users, and complete service requests from end users, all in a timely manner
- Candidate would participate in the on-call rotation as a secondary or in a supporting role with subordinate staff acting as Primary contacts for after hours issues.
- Project Participation as a representative of ITS DCH Hardware at project planning meetings, such as data center consolidation. Responsibilities would include interaction with project managers, colleagues, and customers in a professional manner and provide recommendations for successfully achieving project objectives. Tasks would include migrating x86 hardware into main data center locations, decommissioning old hardware, repurposing usable hardware
- Candidate will supervise subordinate staff and will coordinate staff activities and provide guidance as needed. Demonstration
- Candidate must adhere to all New York State laws, ITS policies, and agency information bulletins, and must participate in available training/tutoring/mentoring opportunities regarding updates to policies, procedures, or DCH-WIN supported software.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062