Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description • Assist with identifying and transferring Federal Surplus Property to interested state and local government agencies, non-profit organizations, and other federally approved donees;
• Review and process applications, pickup notices, invoices, authorization letters, and federal title forms;
• Assist the Surplus Property Agent with compliance records and tracking of property donated;
• Understand and administer NYS and GSA regulations and compliance requirements to potential and current program donees;
• Utilize Web-Data specialized software as well as Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Maintain and record program vehicle records which include mileage, preventative and recall maintenance;
• Organize and maintain office files;
• Answer phone inquiries and accurately relay messages accordingly;
• Interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous and professional manner;
• Perform other tasks as requested;
• Perform all duties in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.