Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications This position is open to candidates who have one year of permanent competitive service as a Budget Examiner, G-18. The position is also open to NYS employees at or above G-16 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels. In order to qualify for Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in an administrative title as defined by Section 52.6. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include Senior Administrative Analyst, G-18 and Business Systems Analyst 1, G-18.
Preferred qualifications include:
andidates for this position should be self-starters with strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills, including the ability to research, understand and clarify complex issues and requirements. Candidates must also have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, the ability to prioritize activities and effectively deal with competing demands. Training and interest in project management is a plus.
Duties Description The Budget Planning, Operations and Management Unit is recruiting a candidate to be a part of the team that is responsible for the analysis, development, and implementation of key aspects of the Executive Budget process for New York State. This position provides the opportunity to work on a wide range of mission critical Division processes. The incumbent will interact with staff at all levels throughout the Budget Division, the Governor’s Office, the State Comptroller’s Office and the Legislature. The incumbent will also initiate, and participate in, efforts to improve the Division’s procedures and automated systems.
Responsibilities of the Budget Fellow for the Budget Coordination Team would include, but are not limited to:
• Procedure planning and scheduling for development of the Executive Budget through its enactment, including producing the Executive Budget appropriation bills and publications;
• Develop and draft guidance (technical memorandums) for examiners based on the planning and scheduling for the budget process, and other as-needed assignments to obtain specific Division-wide information, namely, at the request of the Front Office;
• Plan and coordinate Division-wide review and update of the Budget Policy and Reporting, Budget Bulletins and Budget Request Manuals, including issuance of new bulletins as appropriate;
• Analyze process and systems needs, and develop/implement solutions to improve the budget process, including the Division-wide collection of information;
• Provide guidance to stakeholders on use of the Agency Spending Controls Application (ASCA) and other impacted applications (i.e., Budget Preparation Systems); and
• Provide policy advice and assistance to examination unit staff on specific procedural and other technical questions -- e.g., on appropriation bills and other Executive Budget documents.
Additional Comments To be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Budget Coordination" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Budget Coordination" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.