Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in Microsoft Windows Server administration. This experience must include the following:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 administration
• Active Directory Users and Computers management
• Active Directory Group Policy Management
• VMware Virtual Machines, VMware vCenter navigation
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• Roles and Features installation, Active Directory administration, Windows Server security hardening, Unisys Stealth client administration, Microsoft Failover Clustering, Microsoft Windows 2016 administration, PowerShell, ITSM
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, G25, within the Data Center Hosting (DCH) Windows Unit, the Project Assistant will support Microsoft Windows systems and base image configuration for DCH Windows managed systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Active Directory administration of Group Policy management, Security group membership, and Organizational Unit structure concepts.
- Scripting languages, including PowerShell and DOS Command line, for batch tasks such as DNS changes, Account queries, etc
- Microsoft Windows management including network and storage configurations, advanced troubleshooting, Roles and Features installation and management.
- Windows Security configurations leveraging local and domain policies; responding to zero day security vulnerabilities on Windows systems
- Work Intake through ITSM for Incidents, Requests, Change requests, and Problem. Candidate would be required to submit Change requests for scheduled work, respond to incidents submitted by end users, and complete service requests from end users, all in a timely manner
- Candidate would participate in the on-call rotation as a secondary or supporting role with subordinate staff acting as Primary contacts for after hours issues.
- Project Participation as a representative of ITS DCH WIN at project planning meetings, such as data center consolidation. Responsibilities would include interaction with project managers, colleagues, and customers in a professional manner and provide recommendations for successfully achieving project objectives. Tasks would include server operating system upgrades, IP reconfigurations, etc.
- Candidate will supervise subordinate staff and will coordinate staff activities and provide guidance as needed.
- Candidate must adhere to all New York State laws, ITS policies, and agency information bulletins, and must participate in available training/tutoring/mentoring opportunities regarding updates to policies, procedures, or DCH-WIN supported software.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062